Thursday, January 24, 2008

I love Knitpicks!

My first order for a bunch of cable needles finally arrived yesterday, and I had to wait a whole day for it to be available for pickup.

What makes it more frustrating is that, for once in my life, I was actually home during the day the mailman came, but I left just 45 minutes shy of when he rang my doorbell. Argh!

I bought only a couple, I heard from some people that they are rather pointy. I have a set of phildar sock dpns which are so sharp you could skewer meat with them. So I had to resist the urge to go on a circular shopping spree until they arrived.

As soon as I had one in my hands though, I placed a huge order immediately for the rest of my set. They're wonderful, not pointy like the phildar ones and if it wasn't for Ravelry, I would have thought my only option would be addi turbos...would have to take a loan to get my set going :) The knitpicks nickel plated circulars are 4 times cheaper and feel almost the same, maybe blind I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

Can't wait for the next batch, as I am missing the size to start my first sweater.

I would like to try them immediately, but I'm almost finished making second pair of manly mitts for someone I see very rarely, and I just found out she's passing by Saturday. Seeing as only one thumb remains, I want to finish it, weave in all the ends, and put it on the blocking board so that I can dry and make a nice presentation and surprise her on Saturday. That is priority 1 now. All other concerns (eating, sleeping, going to work) are secondary.

2 comments:

Carla Maria said...

Haha! So you've succumbed to the glamour of a knitting blog. Congratulations!

The Knitpicks sound heavenly. Can't wait to give them a try myself! I shall come over when the new batch comes in and do some testing :p

stargazingchild said...

The knitpicks are lovely, I'm glad to have discovered them. Come over soon!, will need to have some more knit nights (with martinis)