Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon

After months of procrastination, I finally decided to blog about my knitting adventures. I'm already one year into it, and I must say that when I started, I didn't expect to be where I am today,

Have a stash? Oh no, that is just for obsessed crazy knitters. Now I'm at two drawers full of yarn (which is pretty tame by stash standards)

Make a sweater? Expensive, disappointing, unfashionable, nope never will do... yet now I'm just a couple of weeks away from casting on for my first.

Learn crochet? nope, that's taking things too far. And for the past two months I had been doing nothing but crochet.

So I will try to incorporate something different in my projects whenever I can, so I'm just not making the same thing over and over again, even if insignificant.

In my queue, I have some fairly straightforward socks which will require some duplicate stitching, a first. I've got a shadow scarf lined up - not my first but I think I'll do my first crochet border on a scarf. Gloves are also on the list, a pair for my mom and some fingerless gloves for me (ok, nothing special about starting short when doing fingers, but I really want a pair of fingerless gloves).

And my sweater - a little sensation of nervousness coarses through me when I think of of what I am about to start. This morning I had to rip apart a simple scarf twice due to inattention and just plain confusion.

Of course I know that for every failed project there's one that turns out beautifully and there's nothing like the feeling of knowing that I made that.

No comments: